Local travel is the new popular thing to do in today’s climate. I mean there isn’t much else we can do, right? What better way to travel locally than to take a road trip? You avoid airports and crowds AND you get to take the scenic route instead of the quick route. Sounds like a win-win to me.
*Please ensure to check your state’s and your destination’s travel restrictions and requirements.
Before planning our road trip, Doug and I (mainly I) did a ton of research on where we could go. Being that we are from New York, there are limited states we could go to without having to quarantine for 14 days when we return. Of those limited states we could travel to, they all have their own restrictions and requirements, most being taking a COVID test showing negative results. This may sound ridiculous, but if I don’t have to take a test, I’d rather not. The thought of that giant swab going up my nose makes me cringe. After all of our research, we decided that the safest option would be to just stay in New York. I mean New York has so much to offer anyways, why not take advantage of it now?
Me being the crazy planner, type-A person that I am, I compiled a list of essentials to take on our road trip that I wanted to share with all of you for your future road trips. Some may sound silly to you, but you won’t be laughing when they actually come in handy!
- First aid kit (I mean a full first aid kit. Not just some bandaids)
- Jumper Cables
- Fix-a-flat / Car tool kit
- Extra quart of oil – This may seem extreme, but if you’re like me and have a car that burns through oil like no tomorrow you’re going to want to be prepared.
- Extra set of car keys
- Car Manual
- License and Registration
- Proof of Insurance
- Car charger for your phone
- Portable phone charger … or two
- Aux cord
- GoPro/camera accessories
- List of rest stops along your route
- Games – I created some to get you started! Links below!
- Reusable water bottle(s)
- Snacks. Lots of Snacks
- Cooler/Ice Packs
- Trash Bag
- Travel Pillow
- Face mask – I’m sure at this point everyone has one of these, but if you’re looking for a refresh or just want another cute one, you can get one at Serengetee and if you use the code: NOMADICNEEN you even get 20% off! Woo!
- Hand Sanitizer and Lotion
Click the Pinterest links below to see the road trip game templates I’ve crated for you! Make sure if you use them & play, to tag me in them so I can see how you and your road trip buddies did!
Did you think I missed anything? Comment your favorite road trip essentials below!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission. Thanks for your support!